lundi 30 mars 2015

Testing new high gain amp sims.

Here are some tests of new high gain amp sims I'm working on. I have completely rework the algorithm. I can't say if it's more accurate or not because I haven't done any comparison with any of the real gear the sims are inspired by.  However, I think it feels and responds better than my previous sims. The power amps are definitely more dynamic, accurate and complete.

In the tests I have used Lasse & Mago DI+backing track. The signal I have used is:
DI->Mod TS sim->Amp sim->NadIR loaded with Rosen Digital EVH 5150 III IR.
No post processing.
All the controls at noon except for the treble for the Ecstasy inspired sim, as well as the gain for all sims that has been adjusted to taste.

Don't ask me when these are planed to released, I have no idea. There is still a lot of work to do... and I still don't have replaced my Windows computer.

116 commentaires:

  1. I use the same DI for my tests ;)
    Nice to see you still push the limits.
    I tested almost all plugs ever made, since Simulanalog :D
    My fav amps are LE456 and Legion. Even if Amplitube is back with some good high gain amps.
    Have a nice day ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. These sound amazing already! Wow! 5150 is so brilliant! Lepou, can you release it as is? I mean, as alpha versions that you could update from time to time, as the work progress goes on? That would be great! Btw, what kind of a screamer pedal you've used here? Couldn't find the info

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks. As I said these are still for from being release candidate. Also, I can not support Windows users at the moment so I'm not gonna release any of them in a near future... but somewhere in 2015.

      Regarding the TS, it's a sim I made for a boutique stomp box maker. It's a heavily modified tube screamer with several switchable options. This one should be released in 2015 but not from me.

      Supprimer
  3. Since these are 8 new head models, I'll guess that you designed your own way of profiling amps?
    that'd explain the mass production D:

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. No it's analog modelling. Something like Spice. I just find a way to speed up the development.

      Supprimer
  4. Fantastic work Alain! These sample sound so... organic! You have surpassed yourself, and I really can't wait to buy / try these plugins. Thank you for your hard work and dedication :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Lepou, these sound great. I'm just curious if you code these from the "ground up" with C++ or you are using something like Sonicbirth?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I coded from groud up in C++ using IPlug (wdl-ol) for portability.

      Supprimer
    2. Cool, thanks for the info.

      Supprimer
    3. Since you use IPlug, would a linux port would be envisageable ? WINE is nice but it's a layer that I'd really like to remove.

      Thanks for the great work!

      Supprimer
    4. Is there any chance to you'd share your code with the community (github perhaps..) for studies, improvement and port build for linux users? Thanks in advance

      Supprimer
  6. Guys! I was working on the DI pack last week and finally came up with this one. The tracks are re-amped through TSE 808>Poulin LE456 Amp head simulation. Cabinet Simulation with Mesa Boogie Mark V and Mesa Mark II C impulse responses. Cab Simulation with NadIR.

    Let me know your feedback on this track and in fact, this is my first attempt on re-amping. Keep rocking!

    https://soundcloud.com/ashfaq-ahmed-jack/re-amping-di-guitar-with-mesa-boogie-mark-v-and-mesa-mark-ii-c-amp-simulation-test-01

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hey I don't mind if you post tracks here but if you want more feedback you should consider posting on forum like Sneap's or GAM, for instance. These are much more crowded places.

      Anyway, regarding your track (take these with a grain of salt as I'm listening at work with very cheap headphones). I think you get a solid guitar tone. Did you use the backing track provided with DI ? It seems to have much more reverb to it especially on the snare.

      Supprimer
  7. Saya dari indonesia.. salam kenal yah.. semoga sukses.:)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Can't wait for these to be released. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Amazing... the 5150 tone is fantastic ! Congrats ! Looking foward for this !

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. hello!! Every plugin you make has its own A/D and D/A converter?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. No. A/D and D/A are done by the soundcard. The plugins are not standalone apps. They are mean to be used in a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).

      Supprimer
  11. Hi,

    I would like to test your products. I Work with Pro Tools 10 on Mac and I don't know how to install your plug-ins.

    Does your products work with PT10 on Mac ?

    Thank you

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I don't support PT at the moment. However I have asked Avid to provide me the SDK to build AAX format of my plugins but I did not received any answer yet.
      Sorry.

      Supprimer
  12. Ok, thanks for your quick answer. I'm a bit disapointed by Avid. I hope they will let you do this.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Great work from everything I'm reading; can't wait to try! Do you have updated Windows links for the Amp sim pack by chance?

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Hi,

    I would like to try your "Amp Sim Packs" but can't seem to download them i am getting the error:

    "Sorry, something happened and
    we weren't able to fetch that for you."

    Am i doing something wrong?

    Kind Regards
    Joe

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You are not doing anything wrong, I have some problems with my hosting service. Just drop me a mail at : lepou1969 at gmail dot com and I'll send you the zip file.
      Sorry.

      Supprimer
    2. Hi - I am having the same problem - would itz be ok to drop you an email as well to get a zip file? :)

      Supprimer
    3. Of course. Just drop me an email.

      Supprimer
    4. Hi, would you please be able to also provide me with the vst as I am having the same problem. If so, how do I pm you my email?

      Supprimer
  16. Amazing ,man! I am using Lecto in the recording of my band's first album. Now, i see this, and i can't wait to try these amps. I hope you release it until the end of this year, so i can use these on the album. Thanks for the hard work!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Hi man, I downloaded the vst, but I can't download the amp packs, it says "Sorry, something happened and
    we weren't able to fetch that for you."

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. hello lepou being one of your biggest fans i need to ask when are these coming out? shit i will for them if you decide to make em commercial

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Hi. I just discovered thease LePou amp sims and downloaded them to my pc. After 20 mins of testing them out I am totally blown a way so I had to do a test recording of it. I used podfarm's noisegate and classic distortion, then LePou Hybrit, LeCab with redwire impulses. Here u go!

    https://soundcloud.com/oskarandersson/lepou-amps-test-hybrit

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. Hey your drop box is generating to much traffic. Thought I'd let you know. Can't download anything):

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. What did you try to download ? I just check and everything was working fine !?!?!

      Supprimer
    2. Well I had your plugins and then I restored my comp and didn't back them up so I'm tryna redownload them, I want the lecab v1 and the lecto mainly. But every time (just tried again) I try it brings me to drop box saying there's and error and your account is generating to much traffic. I've tried it on my comp and my phone.

      Supprimer
    3. That's strange, are you sure you got a message from dropbox because I no longer use it. All the download links of the right side of this page are working.

      Supprimer
  22. LeCab always crashes; SoloC Stack sometimes crashes; Hybrit Stack does nothing. All the head and amp plugins work well.

    XP and Audacity 2.1.1

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Have you tried LeCabv2, it's probably more stable than LeCabv1 however I never tested it with Audacity. You could get some problem too with all the stack version as they used an old convolved version that was not really stable. Sorry.

      Supprimer
    2. LeCab 2 is the one that crashes. I don't think it gives even an error report, but would it help if I sent the reports I get for the other plugins?

      Supprimer
    3. Audacity is free so I'm gonna download it, make some tests and be back too you.

      Supprimer
  23. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  24. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  25. No Postprocess? Then this is the best sound, I've ever heard from VSTs so far.

    RépondreSupprimer
  26. Alain Poulin 5150
    Cobra and JCM800 are on my biggest waiting list of wishes this year ahaha :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  27. Sounds really solid! Can't wait to get my hands on em!

    Great work! Rock on!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Can you tell me how to do download these amps for mac?
      It says an app won't open it. thanks

      Supprimer
  28. Great work. When it will be available?

    RépondreSupprimer
  29. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  30. They sound amazing :O maybe too similar between them?? Some of the amps I don't like sound too good here because they are more similar to the ones I like :D
    It doesn't matter to me, I prefer to have 8 different tones I love than 2 I love and several that are exatly like the original I don't like...

    RépondreSupprimer
  31. Oh! The cabinet was one I like, the EVH 5051... probably they sounded like that to me!!! I don't know much about this yet.

    RépondreSupprimer
  32. I'm having trouble opening these into my FL Studio 12 Mixer. It says that "something went wrong when opening" any of the plugins from the pack. Do I install them by dropping them into my VST folder or is there another way?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. That should be the way to install them, just drop them into the VST folder.

      Supprimer
  33. LePou! The download link for LeCab v1.0 is broken, is there any way you could re-upload for mac? Thanks :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  34. Has anyone tried to program the amp parameters to a midi controller? I've got the knobs set up, but having trouble getting Button1 set for Yellow channel, button2 for blue channel, and button3 for red channel. Does it have to do with the value that each channel is created with?

    RépondreSupprimer
  35. Keep up the hard work man! Can't wait for these to be released!

    RépondreSupprimer
  36. Bonjour. Vu la qualité du Hybrit. Y aurait il une chanson d'avoir une simulation d'un AC30 normal et treble channel, avec suffisamment de Headroom pour pouvoir le treble booster comme Brian May

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Definitivement, j'aimerais travailler sur un modele de AC30.

      Supprimer
  37. Can't wait for the new Rectifier, the sample sounded amazing!

    RépondreSupprimer
  38. Although it has become after the fact reporting.
    I started a Blog of guitar and desktop music recently. I was allowed to introduce the VST that is published in the article. If there is a problem I will delete it. I are happy if you can understand that.
    http://codeaguitar.blogspot.jp/2015_10_01_archive.html

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. No problem, as long as you redirect people to here for the download links.

      Supprimer
  39. These sound incredible. Keep up the good work. Cheers!
    Mercury4’s Blog

    RépondreSupprimer
  40. What's the story with the new Tube Screamer, is that going to be released on your website too?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. That's a project I have with a boutique pedal maker. It's not gonna be release here but I'm gonna keep you posted on the progress of that project.

      Supprimer
  41. Hi tonemaster! I write here cause I cand find the right thread, sorry. Can you pls suggest me some Power Amp VSt to use your EXCELLENT SoloC? Cheers and gratitude form Italy
    Pier

    RépondreSupprimer
  42. Hi tonemaster! I write here cause I cand find the right thread, sorry. Can you pls suggest me some Power Amp VSt to use your EXCELLENT SoloC? Cheers and gratitude form Italy
    Pier

    RépondreSupprimer
  43. Man, I want to say something. I have all popular Amp sims. All of them just suck. It's nothing like real amp. Only your plugins have that vibe! BIAS? No way. It is even worse than the most of sims. Ony Lepou! You are not fogotten. You are the best

    RépondreSupprimer
  44. hey there buddy, how's the new amps coming along?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It's going slower than expected. It is always a bit crazy at this time of year at work, so the motivation is not there when I got back home to work on my stuff... sorry !

      Supprimer
  45. Alright well here's what we all do- let's all get together and really help with donations to the point to where Mr LePou doesn't have to work another day ever. I'd say these plugins are so precise they're priceless - Viva LePou!

    RépondreSupprimer
  46. Happy to donate to you if you can get these done? How is £50?

    RépondreSupprimer
  47. Hey LePou plugins developer,
    I'm wondering how you did get into amp modelling and these sort of things?
    I'm making a few basic VST plugins in C (just for learning, nothing comercial, at now just an simple delay and distortion), and was wondering how amps and etc can be modelled.
    I ended up searching a lot and found lots of different ways, ranging from dozens of FIRs and lookup tables to some other circuit-simulation techniques and waveshapers, but documentation is somewhat scarce.
    This type of thing interests me a lot, maybe you can sort of help me on where to find documentation on that?
    Thanks.

    RépondreSupprimer
  48. Well, I have a SKAR Audio VD-10D2 sub, and I need an amplifier for it.

    The RMS power is 500w, and peak is 800w

    What kind of power amp is ideal for this set up?

    What is minimum RMS power you would recommend @ 4 ohm, and maximum RMS power you would recommend @ 4 ohm?
    Thanks.

    high-end sound quality

    RépondreSupprimer
  49. How does a Transistor act as an amplifier and switch?
    high-end sound quality

    RépondreSupprimer
  50. Hello
    Just found your amp SIM over the weekend and I'm really excited to test it out! I may be doing this incorrectly and it's driving me crazy...

    I'm using a Mac
    Garbage band
    I select amp SIM pack
    Mac au
    Then I get a read only download

    What am I doing or not doing? Thanks for your help and cannot wait to start jamming.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Bonjour Fabrice, there should be a download button somewhere in the copy page on your right.

      Supprimer
  51. Wow, These sound hot. Hopefully, you'll bring them out soon.

    If you bring them out, will they be once again for free or will you this time take some money (which I could certainly understand ;) )

    RépondreSupprimer
  52. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  53. Hi Alain! I guess if you had any major progress on this topic, you would've made a blog post about it, still I dare ask: any news regarding these new sims? They sound amazing and I'm dying to try them out :) especially for my audio engineering final project.

    RépondreSupprimer
  54. I'll gladly compare your 5150 sim with my 5150 amp !! ;) :)

    I really like the Engl sim...sounds hella-great

    RépondreSupprimer
  55. ...sorry, got a little too excited there.

    RépondreSupprimer
  56. Hey :). I just wanted to say how much I love your amp sims and how incredibly valuable they are to the sound of my music. Thank you so much for what you've made.

    RépondreSupprimer
  57. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  58. My friend, these new amp sims sound better than anything that is not a real amp that I have ever heard! I appreciate all your hard work into creating these and sharing them. When you release these new amp sims, I will be one ecstatic dude!

    RépondreSupprimer
  59. Have you given up on these? It has almost been an year now...

    RépondreSupprimer
  60. I've been anticipating these sims since you made the post. You could even sell them if you didn't want to distribute them for free. Hopefully you end up finishing them!

    RépondreSupprimer
  61. I have not given up, I would just need more than 24h a day...

    RépondreSupprimer
  62. Out of the samples in this playlist, I think Slo100 sounds the best, although it's certainly a tight comparison and the rest are right up there as well. To me Slo100 just seems to strike a balance. It doesn't stand out as particularly noisy, bright, dim, fizzy or anything. It also handles different intervals gracefully and manages to stay crisp and clear during the polyphonic parts. I'd imagine it would sit well in symphonic, prog and other genres with tons of other elements in the mix.

    Good luck and endless passion of creation! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  63. Oh, give LePou a break. You want the best ampsims ever? Yes? Then you must understand you'll have to wait for them. Yes, suck it up and wait. As long as it takes. Period. Man, ppl are just so impatient these days WTF? Grow up

    RépondreSupprimer
  64. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  65. I must be honest I love the Orange, 5150, Slo100 and cobra samples can't wait to see the final project doesn't sound like you need to do anything to them they sound incredible as they are

    RépondreSupprimer
  66. Still rockin the amazing Lecto, Lecto is a beast! I thank Lepou every day - Thank You Lepou -

    RépondreSupprimer
  67. I am still using Lecto after 5 years, as well. I'm EAGERLY awaiting for the new rectifier simulator.

    RépondreSupprimer
  68. Hi! Not sure if it is the right place but anyway... I discovered recently your plugin. Thank you so much for your work! You are very talented Mr Lepou! I love the Lecto! It make my PRS roaaaar!

    RépondreSupprimer
  69. There is no difference in the amps

    RépondreSupprimer
  70. Awesome work you are doing here. But the download links don't work.

    RépondreSupprimer
  71. Hi, i'd really really like to get the VSTs but the links do not work :(

    RépondreSupprimer
  72. I really appreciate the quality of your sims! I recently went back to using Hybrit and Lecto over other sims and I was blown away by how much better your stuff sounded than I remembered it! Can't wait for the 5150, new recto and Slo!

    RépondreSupprimer
  73. Hello, Alain! How's it going? I know my question may have been asked a million times before, but I am a stubborn one, and please pardon me this, so when can we expect the new sims to be released? Even a distantly supposed date in your reply would do well, I think. Many THANX for taking your time. I appreciate your work, my friend. Have a nice day!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I still don't know yet. I'm testing JUCE at the moment in order to incease portability (AAX and Linux for instance). And the learning curve is a bit steeper than expected. I don't wanna created expectation so I'm not gonna give you a date... sorry!

      Supprimer