lundi 27 octobre 2014

Rosen Digital Studio Guitar Cabinet IR library

I know it's been a while since my last post here. Shame on me, no excuses. Anyway, today I want to talk about a new guitar cabinet IR library that has just been released by Rosen Digital. This library offers IR of some of the most uses 4x12 cabinets in the industry (Marshall 1960A, Mesa Rectifier and Orange PPC) as well as some of best sounding combo amps (Budda, Fender and Carvin). It also contains custom cabinet IR digitally created by some blending process... and these are my favorite.

I have tested this library extensively in the last few days and I have to admit that these IR sound great. They are well balanced with a well defined low end. The top end is clear without being too fizzy. I think these IR can be easily qualified as "mix ready". And, even if you have to slightly process the resulting guitar tracks, these IR take the processing (compression and EQ) very well.

 Let's listen to few samples to demonstrate what kind of tone could be achieved with this library. With the first playlist below, I would like to demonstrate the 4x12 cabinet IR of the library in a metal context. To do so, I have used Jaymz DI and backing track of his Nevermore Narcosynthesis cover (with a link to the appropriate forum thread). In these examples, only the rhythm guitars have been reamped and processed with the library. No post processing has been applied on any of these samples. All the controls of the amp sim were at noon. To me, all of these tones are useable right off the bat. 



The next playlist illustrates the 2x12 cabinet IR use for clean tone. Again, no post processing has been applied apart a bit of reverb. Thanks To Widek Music for the DI tracks.



Why don't you test them by yourself, go grab the library here.

28 commentaires:

  1. Rosen Digital Studio Guitar Cabinet IR library, what is it, google doesn't know?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. There is a link at the end of the article.

      Supprimer
  2. Hi! I'm trying to load in LeCab some of these IRs I just purchased but it gives me a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error and then Reaper crashes. I have a 32 bit system. Do you have any tips on how to solve? Thank you very much!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Yeah I'm aware of the issue with LeCab (I have used NadIR in these samples). I think it's related to the endianess of the wav files. If you re-encoded them they will work.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Fixed now with a patch by Rosen Digital, everything works with LeCab now, thank you! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. By the way, any news on when it could be available the 64 bit version of LeCab? It would be great to have it :) thank you very much for your work man!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. these impulses sound great! what amp was used on the metal examples?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. 5150 amp sim I'm working on.

      Supprimer
    2. it sounds amazing! will it be a commercial release?

      Supprimer
    3. I don't know yet what I'm gonna do with them (I have a bunch of other amp sims and diffrent effects on the way).

      Supprimer
  7. You posted on GAM that you developed a new approach for modeling that allow you to model amps more accurately and more quicky. Is it possible you use an approach similar to shane's on recabinet 4? Since he said basically the same thing about his modeling approach

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I have no idea what's the approach used by Shane on Recabinet 4. I can't comment much on that. Sorry.

      Supprimer
  8. Hi! My LeCab2 crashes when using it in a session with sample rate higher than 44.1khz. Do you have any plans to launch a new one with higher SR support? It is great anyway! Thanks!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Is it really related to the sample rate ? LeCab is supposed to work at sample rate higher than 44.1 kHz. Are you on Windows or Mac ? I'm gonna try if I can reproduce it here.

      Supprimer
  9. Win, Alain. Maybe my audio card (M Track Quad) doing this?
    When I set in 44.1 khz the problem is gone...
    Thank you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Hi!

    I was wondering if you could give me some advice...

    I've just picked up a new guitar (sold my others earlier this year) but have no practice amp now. What I want to know is, can LeCab and the Rosen Impulses be used in a way where you can just use it as a practice amp, but digitally? I know Line 6 POD's can be used in that way but they sound terrible, especially compared to these!

    I just want to be able to get a live feed of what I'm playing so I can practice, but without having to get a 'bedroom' amp.

    Thankw

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. having big problems with vst. bought blackstar vst. no link. made me use pay even though it said it was optional. now i think im out of eight dollars. someone help please... ps daw reaper

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. having big problems with vst. bought blackstar vst. no link. made me use pay PAL even though it said it was optional. now i think im out of eight dollars. someone help please... ps daw reaper

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do for you, you should contact Rosen Digital directly.

      Supprimer
  13. I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and include almost all important infos. I’d like to see more posts like this . whmcs plugin for wordpress

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Hey, sounds really great!
    I was wondering what signal chain do you use?
    Is it something like : Guitar > DI box > soundcard > DAW > plugins?
    Do you use a real amp in the signal chain?

    Thanks a lot :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks for the kind words. The signal chain was IIRC :
      DI track->amp sim (a 5150 model I have been working on) -> IR loaded in NadIR from Ignite amps

      Supprimer
  15. This is a really nice and helpful post thanks for the create content. I'm from awaz

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Just stumbled upon your site again. Thank you so much for the heads up and the test samples! I really like the Marshall, and I see they have a VOX now, too. Need to get those, love me some British tones. lol Thanks again, Roland from Online mixing and mastering services - Tinderwet Studios

    RépondreSupprimer