samedi 29 août 2009

HyBrit Series

This is actually my very first VST project. At that time, I was looking for an amp that has been modeled a lot of time in order to have comparison points. I picked a classic British amp. After some comparisons with my original model, I decided that it was sounding good enough to be send to the testers... but not as is. After all there is a lot of British amp simulators out there. So I tweaked my original model and added another channel to it. It finally ends up as HyBrit.

As the name suggests, this is an hybrid amp model based on two famous British gears. Again, the name of the channel says it all. The PLS channel is actually an hybrid of the two (tweaked) channels (Normal and Treble) of the real thing. Both channels are actually processed and the mix of the two signals can be adjusted through the PLS MIX knob. The other channel, MCJ, is also a tweaked version of the real thing. So, this amp simulator doesn't represent anything specifically but it does have the character of the British amp.

As for SoloC, HyBrit comes in 3 versions : Preamp, Head and FullStack.




Download

16 commentaires:

  1. Great stuff, can't wait to try it. If it's anything like as authentic as the Solo C it will have a place in my VST folder.

    Thanks for your generosity. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks Wilz, hope it will work well for you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Tried it, liked it :)

    It's crunchier than a bag of Pork Scratchings!

    Thanks again LePou.

    PS Maybe you'd have to be British to get that one? Here's a link if you're not.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_rind

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Like this a lot, great sound. Blogged it here:
    http://musicobject.blogspot.com/

    Keep up the good work man.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Excellent job on this one. It sounds terrific. One of the best (if not even the best) so far imho. I'd love to see the new secret amp you're working on to be a "Diezel VH4" or some mesa amp. That would be like a dream come true. Thank you soooo much for you hard work and for sharing it so kindly with the whole community. You're the best.

    Thank you
    Chris

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I'm using Nuendo 4. I'm not receiving any sound when I use this as an insert. Can someone direct me on the proper usage?

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. @crhblack : I know I'm late but have you solved your problem ? Does it happen only with this plugin ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Hello there,
    I try to use it in a mac. I have a program that converts vst's to au's. But...i only see dll files. What to do with them?

    Thank you very much in advance.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. The same problem here: in Reaper 3.31, the HyBrit fullstack loads without its cab impulses (empy slots).

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Wow! Using this in Reaper with a few additional plugins. I use the head version.

    It is amazingly crunchy, punchy, and clear for METAL! It is absolutely phenomenal with my 7 string, my 6 string, and sitting in a mix! It may be red and look vintage, but if used properly, this thing roaaaars! Love it! Will always, ALWAYS have a place in my VST Amp arsenal! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Hey, Lepou! The links are not working! Please!

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Hi LePou. The dropbox link for Hybrit does not work anymore. Please help! :)

    RépondreSupprimer